Nohsngithiang Falls, Umiam Lake, Nohkalikai Falls, Mawsmai Cave, Double Decker Living Routes Bridge, Mawlynnong Village, Elephant Falls, Shillong Peak etc.
Day 01: Arrive Guwahati- Shillong
This morning we will leave for the capital city of Meghalaya- Shillong, fondly known as the Scotland of the East. On the way to Shillong we will stop at the Umiam Lake, which is located just 15 km before to the capital city of Meghalaya. The crystal clear blue lake is about 220 sq km in radius and surrounded by the beautiful hillocks. The lake also represents the scenic beauty of the state which you will be going to explore here in next few days.
During summer period the Lake looked lush and vibrant adorned by Gulmohar trees (Delonix regia) in full blossom. The Lake commonly known as Barapani is the best place for picnics and outings. If you are travelling with kinds, then adjoining the Nehru Park will be perfect place for them to spend few thrilling hrs enjoying a motorboat rides and other activities.
Further continue drive to Shillong. Upon arrival check into the hotel in Shillong. Evening have a leisurely walk locally. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Shillong – Cherrapunjee (Cherrapunji)
After an early breakfast leave for Cherrapunjee which is barely 65 kms from Shillong. It is the wettest destination in the world and on your drive to Cherrapunjee, you will come across roaring waterfalls diving into unfathomable gorges. Upon arrival check into the hotel.
After fresh n-up visit the famous Nohsngithiang Falls, Nohkalikai fall, Mawsmai Cave. Later evening return to hotel for overnight stay.
Cherrapunjee, officially known as Sohra, is 56 kms from Shillong, and a “must see” destination for all tourists. It also known the wettest place in the earth with a record rainfall. Cherrapunjee was the headquarters of the Khasi & Jaintia province during British rule before shifting to Shillong in 1864 and this was due to the inconvenience caused by excessive rain during the monsoon months.
Day 03: Cherrapunjee
Today after an early breakfast we will go on a guided trek to visit the Double Decker living Routes Bridge, the most brilliant of all the living bridges found in the world. The trek from the resort will take about 05 hrs.
The scenery of the places is beyond description. Your will get amazed of walking over the roots which will quite scary at the start but once u start u will end it with great zeal. The picturesque forest all around, pleasant sound of water falls will provide you a different experience with the mesmerizing feeling. Here you will feel the warmth of Mother Nature being somewhere near to Nature Gods Home.
Later return back to resort and enjoy the peaceful evening to get ride from tiredness. Overnight stay hotel.
Day 04: Cherrapunjee – Mawlynnong – Shillong
Early morning we will visit the cleanest village (Mawlynnong ) in India which is nearly 80 kms from Cherrapunjee and just close to the scenic villages; there are interesting sights like the living roots bridge and a beautiful sight boulder balancing on another rock.
Later in the afternoon we will drive to Shillong. On arrival check-in at hotel. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 05: Shillong
After breakfast enjoy local sightseeing tour of Shillong, ‘Scotland of the East’. We will be visiting Cathedral Church, Lady Hydari Park, the Orchidarium, Elephant Falls 7 the Golf course. Thereafter, we will drive to the shilling peak to enjoy a splendid view of Shillong. Overnight stay at the hotel in Shillong.
Day 06: Shillong – Guwahati – Departure
Morning after breakfast drive to Guwahati. (If time allow we will enjoy a short tour of Guwahati visiting Kamakhya Devi temple and other places of worth). Further transfer to the airport / railway station for onward connection.
End of the services
Tour Package Cost includes
- Accommodation in well-appointed rooms.
- Daily breakfast at each hotel.
- Dhaka-Tamabil-Dhaka Bus Ticket
- Visa assistance. ( File Processing )
- All Travel Tax.
Cost does not include
- Any Airfare or train ticket cost.
- Food purchased other than mentioned above.
- Guide charges
- Monument fees & other expenses incurred by you.
- Personal expenses such as portages, tips, laundry etc.
- Government service tax 5%.
- Rates are not valid for peak Festive season i.e. New Year, Diwali, Pushkar fair Xmas etc.
- Rates are based on Hotels Subject to Availability at the time of making Reservation. In the case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
- Rates are subject to change if there is any Fair & Festival, Major conference, events in a travel destination
- Early check-in / late checks out are subject to the availability of rooms.
- Cancellation charges would be as per the company policy.
- Vehicle confirmed will be as per Itinerary and not at disposal. AC will work only in the plains and will be switched off during hill drives.
- All sightseeing mentioned is subject to weather conditions, political conditions & traffic conditions in the destination.
- Any sightseeing missed due to natural calamities/weather conditions is non-refundable.
- All entrances fees will be on a direct payment basis as per Itinerary
- It is not advisable to travel in the night if necessary supplement charge applicable
If you not get enough information about tours and travels
If you shout email our support contact with you within 24 hours